Finding a Peaceful Soul Path in a Demanding World: 5 Reasons Why Simple Choices are Better for Your Soul
Have you noticed lately how many options there are for almost any decision? The world right now is full of a lot of noise from media in all forms and there is a plethora of options for choosing everything in your life from what food or products to buy at the store, to what activities and events to participate in each week. It is easy to get into a state of overwhelm, or feel like you are struggling to keep up with what you think you should be doing.
Instead of feeling the pressure of doing so much to fill the time every day, what if instead you took time to just be you? Your soul deserves to sit back and relax, to read a book quietly, to go for a walk, to listen to nature sounds, to feel with your heart, and to notice all the little nuances of life that were there all along but you could not see as you rushed from one thing to the next.
Simple Soul Path
There is a freeing moment when you finally realize that the simple things in life are what your soul really needs. Your soul does not need so many choices. A less complicated path in life often leads to the greatest insights, the most joy and love, and the inner knowing that all those other choices are not going anywhere. They will always be there if you happen to want to wander towards something new.
Rather than feel like you must make a choice quickly and accomplish more in less time, focus on feeling your way through every experience as though it is the most important moment for your soul. In this way, you allow every ounce of fun, every drop of laughter, and every beat of love to reach your soul completely.
5 Reasons Why Simple Choices are Better for Your Soul:
1. Relaxation – Simple choices keep your soul in a more relaxed and mindful state. As you release the excess in your life, you also release the stress, the worries, and all the junk that weighs you down. Believe me, you will feel lighter.
2. Happiness – Your soul smiles when you choose to engage in activities that really focus on what makes you happy. If you rush around doing too much, you miss these opportunities to fully engage in finding the joy.
3. Balance – When you follow what your soul needs, then you find more balance in your life. You don’t have to wait to take a vacation to find balance, it can be in your life every day. Keeping things simple, keeps your energy in a calmer state which allows you to be the best you possible.
4. Purpose – When you remove the things in your life that don’t really matter, the things that don’t feel like a calling to your soul, then you very clearly see your purpose, your mission, and your passion. Cleaning out the cobwebs and setting clear intentions keeps your soul on a simpler path which is purposeful in each moment.
5. Love – If you really take an honest look at your life without worrying about what you “should do” or “should be,” when you drop all the labels and the material things, there is one thing which is the ingredient in the life of every soul and that is love. Taking time each day to nurture your soul and share love with others is a simple activity, but it is one which rewards you in every area of your life.
Even if your life feels chaotic, know that you can simplify everything. The first step is in letting go of what you no longer need and of anything that does not bring you happiness. Many people say life is too short and to take advantage of every moment to make lasting memories. From a simple perspective I say, “life is plenty long, leave room for your soul to breathe.”