Awareness of Spirit – Noticing the Signs
I am a medium, and I communicate with spirits every day. I know it may seem like I have a superpower but being a medium just means that I am kind of the messenger, the interpreter for spirits on the other side of the veil.
Everyone receives messages from spirits, not just people like me who call themselves mediums. In a sense, everyone is a medium. Everyone has the gift to communicate to those who have left the physical world.
As you bring your awareness to this ability to receive messages, know that the first way to get in touch with this gift is to be open. As you open your heart and trust that it is possible to communicate or receive signs, then your friends, family members, and loved ones from the spirit world bring you more powerful messages.
Sometimes, the messages are simple. You may see a beautiful monarch butterfly outside and at that exact moment you are thinking of your mom. Maybe a song comes on the radio with the perfect words you needed to hear or its the song that you and your friend listened to all the time.
See, they don’t always bring you really big messages because you often do not need more than a slight nudge or moment of validation to know that you are following the right path in life.
There are other times when they do speak a little loudly through your thoughts, feelings, and memories. If you suddenly find yourself remembering a memory of your loved one, maybe even one that was really hysterical, cute, or whimsical then know they are trying to say, “hello, I’m here with you, right now, right now I’m here with you.”
Spirits have different ways of communicating. As a medium, I often see images of spirits in my mind’s eye or in dreams, and I hear them speak to me as they relay messages for me to deliver to others. They can be rather funny too though.
They occasionally like to move things around or flicker the lights or my favorite one is ringing my doorbell. Today, it happened again. I woke up to the doorbell ringing, but I was the only one that heard it. One time, when I was sleeping, I heard the doorbell ring, and at the exact same moment I saw an image of one of my beloved cats, who is now in the spirit world, standing at the front door. I thought, “oh, he must have come by to say hi.”
On a family member’s birthday, I had a similar thing happen where I was asleep and heard the doorbell ring and saw an image of my deceased grandmother standing at the front door with a nice pretty dress with flowers like she was coming to attend the party. She was also the same grandmother who knocked three times on my windows for several weeks in a row to make sure I didn’t forget about the anniversary of her passing.
When spirits want to get your attention, know that they will find a way, but they don’t want to scare you. They want to remind you to laugh more, to let love be a big part of your life, to be a little goofy at times. They want to let you know that they are okay and that they support you in your life. They want you to know that it is awesome when you are just being you.
Here are 7 tips for communicating with spirits and holding a space for joy:
- Joyful Memories – Bring forward memories of your loved ones, happy moments, fun photos, keepsakes, anything that places a reminder of their energy in your heart.
- Gratitude for Life – In your daily life, notice the small details and show gratitude for every tiny bit of it. Being grateful is being aware.
- Thank the Stars –When you have an extraordinary day, something that happens out of the blue that brings a big smile to your face, know that you were guided by the stars in the heavens above.
- Celebrate Connections – Reach out to others in your life to create strong bonds and support systems. These connections are your soul family.
- Cherish Every Moment – Life is short and can pass by in a blink of an eye so allow yourself to fully feel love and be present in every experience.
- Notice Nature – Spirit is overflowing in nature – in the trees, the flowers, the birds, in the sky, everywhere. The simplest signs in nature can bring the greatest inspiration.
- Pray, Breathe, and Meditate – Slow down at times and practice pauses in life where you are able to quiet your mind long enough to hear the messages in your heart. That is your lifeline to the spirit world.